Almost immediately after leaving Glasgow I was reminded why I chase mountains. The views around Loch Lomond were stunning in a blustery way. We spent the day wending our way between mountains and lochs. We planned to tackle to the gondola runs at Fort William, but unfortunately the high winds had closed the gondola so we just carried on to Skye. The time saved at Fort William left us the opportunity to do an excellent 2 hour aperitif. Straight out the back of the hotel we tucked into this lovely rocky climb following a mountain stream. Ben entertained us by falling into a bog in front of some walkers. Justice was done for my mirth when I catapulted myself over the bars on the way back down. Sneaky rock grabbed my pedal. 8 km in 2 hours is testament to the awesomeness of our little opener. Not sure if the wispy wifi can cope but check it out.






No comments:
Post a Comment