Saturday, 5 September 2015

Almost home

Ok, this is the last time I post for this trip. I actually thought the previous 2 were but  apparently this stuff is tremendously riveting and my readership of 3 demands more. Think of this as the final encore..
So, sitting here at Melbourne airport having been subjected to the usual reaming that goes with being a male transit passenger in Australia, I now have time to reflect. And of course, for the first time in days, I am sober enough to do so, at least at times that allow one to write little blog snapshots. 
Firstly, as is always the case, it is friends that make for special times and so it was wonderful to catch up with Stef and Michelle and the boys after a too long gap. I love spending time with Ben as well. He just never stops grinning. Plus he is trouble, in a good way I course. 
So thank you to all my mates. 
Secondly, all the things ticked off, finally riding in the Highlands, which delivered all I had hoped for. Fantastic trails, stunning and atmospheric scenery and horrendous but proper Sottish weather. 
I finally got to taste haggis on my last night in Scotland. Absolutely delicious, made by a South African of course. 
Finally just a pack of great memories: from the psychotic taxi driver in Dublin, who appeared sliding his car into the car park and loved Bens "Back to future" comment so much that he tried to hit the magical 80, singing lustily in the Irish pubs, being blown down a Sottish mountain in a freezing gale and laughing till the tears rolled. 
Thanks again guys, it was great. Till next time..

  







No comments:

Post a Comment